Old 09-17-19, 12:37 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1326 Post(s)
Liked 1,307 Times in 560 Posts
I've seen some things over the years that would make this crowd go into perpetual fear of every piece of bicycle gear they have and never ride again.

We all can guess on all of this forever. One thing I do know from experience is that punk cat 1/2 pro kids think they're invincible and care little to nothing about the actual tech and more about how cool something looks. I would place a bet on whether that setup had a spacer or not and I am siding on the side of not....because "slam it" and stuff. not only that but most of the gear in any race at that level of ability has been in some sort of a wreck. Just has. No team is using ultrasound to inspect anything. *shrug*

I'm sorry but my first reaction when watching the original race clip was to laugh. It's probably because I have seen enough wrecks to just intuitively know that guy made it out with little by way of injury. He was lucky. His bars were mushy for a while though so....