Old 09-22-19, 11:03 AM
alois

Bikes: Avaghon series 28; Fuji Touring 2016; Santos Travelmaster 2.8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by clasher
It was a warm, humid day, especially for autumn.
It's still summer today according to the calender, so that may explain the warmth :-)

I rode a 200k brevet yesterday in the North of the Netherlands. It was a beautiful day (although very cold in the early morning) and with a headwind out and a tailwind on the way back it made for an easy ride through a completely flat part of Europe. I was half an hour late at the start in Groningen because there was no earlier train from were I live, but the organisator rode with me to the first control so I wasn't completely alone. The next 150 km I almost but never completely caught the last larger group (only a couple of individuals), which means that everyone was riding relatively fast. I even missed a control, riding on my own, but the organisator was satisfied with my strava results.
The ride took us over the border into North-West Germany, along the river Ems, a region I never visited before. The last 50 km were fast with tailwinds through the easternmost parts of the Netherlands. I finished in 8.23 hours, but my finish time was 8.53 becasue I departed half an hour late.