Old 09-23-19, 04:24 PM
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 1,059 Times in 633 Posts
Originally Posted by HarborBandS
Jammed my iPhone, wallet, and keys in to my saddle bag, along with the flat kit and tool pod, and forgot to zip it closed. After I was about three miles from home on a busy MUP, I heard the sound of the keys bouncing out and hitting the rear wheel. I stopped and immediately found the keys and most of my tools. Then I little further back I found my iPhone. But no wallet! I spent a very long time looking, riding the entire route back and forth very slowly, but nothing. I eventually gave up and went home.

As I was on the phone attempting to cancel my credit cards, the doorbell rang and a good Samaritan was standing there with my wallet! I've personally returned many a lost wallet in my day, so it felt good to be on the other end of it for once! At the end of the day, I just lost a pair of plastic tire levers.
Had my wallet fall out of what I thought was a secure outer compartment of a fanny bag. Spent what seemed like hours backtracking trying to find it, cursing the fact that I chose a black wallet, which looks identical to almost every single piece of black tire tread or similar garbage you see by the side of the road. I swore if I ever found the wallet, I'd immediately replace it with a day glow green one (never happened, sadly).

Cancelled all my credit cards, etc., only to get an email that afternoon from the daughter of the farm worker who found my wallet. Every single dollar and everything else was still there, and the girl flat out refused a reward of any kind. Lots of good people out there.