Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1362 Post(s)
Liked 2,520 Times in 1,480 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I used to do HIIT once a week, on Tuesdays. I would be recovered from my weekend fun by then, and could take a light spin in Wednesdays, and ride for enjoyment the rest of the week. I did mine outdoors in hill repeats. And I saw improvement.

But I'm a natural sprinter, like Hermes. I can make big power numbers for short amounts of time, but my 2 hour numbers, well, they're not dismal, but for sure nothing to be proud of. So I dropped the HIIT in favor of longer intervals, like 3 to 20 minutes.
Those longer ones give me thoughts like I could die and not have to finish.

My season ended in August with peroneal tendinitis. Doctor says I should be funny recovered a few weeks before ski season. On that note, ibuprofen works better than opiates, FYI.
Hope your leg gets better!

A few years ago, I was going to do my first 40k individual time trial. I was talking with a former UCI world tour pro racer who was on our team and offered some advice. He said to break it down into 4 segments and think about increasing pedal force each 10k segment. He said, know that in the last 10k no one has ever died feeling that bad and I should have the slight taste of blood in my mouth. My final 10k was more like a rabid dog frothing at mouth while pedaling squares.