View Single Post
Old 10-10-19, 05:50 PM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by BigChief
Thanks for posting these. Now I have another reference. This is an earlier version than the dyno headlamp on my 51 Rudge. Here's my 51. It has a 3 position switch at the bottom of the lamp. The center position is off, to the left connects the Dyno hub and the right would connect the battery pack if I had one. The contacts are inside the lamp shell and the adjustment at the back looks somewhat different. I had to replace the wire from the bulb holder on mine. I'm using Nicelite LED bulbs.
I have accessed the internals: knurled rear knob is for beam adjustment and now turns fine; 2 position on/off switch can be turned either CW or CCW to make or break the circuit. Wire insulation has completely deteriorated. Headlight probably not used more than once or twice based upon the lack of wear showing on the switch contacts and contact board; no grooving and barely marked, possibly by myself from freeing up the switch knob. I will take some internal photos for better means of reference. Are the LED bulbs a direct fit; no alterations, etc?