Old 10-11-19, 07:44 AM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2168 Post(s)
Liked 3,500 Times in 1,226 Posts
1978 Davidson Custom with 1st Gen Dura Ace SOLD!

For sale is this lovely 1978 Davidson custom. Seat tube is 56cm CTC, top tube is 57cm CTC. Stand over height is 32.5 inches. Color is a very dark maroon pearl with contrasting yellow pantographs.

Components are early Shimano Dura Ace. Crankset (170mm, 52/42 rings), brake calipers & levers and hubs & skewers are first gen DA. Brake hoods are new French repops in white and fit correctly. FD, RD and fluted seat post are DA 7100 (note that RD has the Dura Ace logo, not the Crane logo). As you can see from the photos, everything is in super-duper condition. Headset is Campy NR, shifters are Suntour friction (the original owner preferred the feel of these over the DA ones).

Wheels are Weinmann concave 700 clinchers laced to high flange DA freewheel hubs; tires are new Continental GP Classics in size 25. Freewheel is a six speed Shimano UG, 14-28; dropout spacing is an in-between 123, so also comes with a 5 speed Suntour 13-28. I know the frame will accept 28's and suspect it would also take 32's. Saddle is an 80’s turbo in excellent shape. Bars are Nitto Universiade (39cm center to center) and stem is a 100mm SR. Bar tape is new Fizik.

Cable housing is NOS old DA with new Shimano stainless drawn shift and brake cables. Also comes with a set of Kyokuto pedals with toe cages and straps.

Please note that price of $600 SOLD! does not include shipping. I'll pack it myself and use Ship Bikes as they are the least expensive right now.

Questions? Just ask.

Last edited by rccardr; 10-12-19 at 10:57 AM.