genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13659 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
In their defense, at least around here anyway, people use motor vehicles a wheel chairs (ironically, the practice usually creates an inability to do anything physical later in life). At the Wal-Marts, grocery stores and mega-sale places around here there's only a slightly better chance someone would arrive on a bicycle and need a parking spot than a guy riding a llama would. I just don't buy into the idea that if there are more bike racks where people want to go, they'll choose to ride instead of drive.

I've been involved in the bicycle advocacy biz and appreciate anyone who fights the good fight to make things better for cyclists. But.......if you don't recognize that cyclists are a small minority and you're always going uphill and into the wind, you're fooling yourself.

I saw this the other day, many people in the USA feel this way about cyclists but don't ever talk about it.

So do empty parking spots in the Walmart lot mean those many more people are not being served?

Frankly, someday, I'd love to see an ad that says...

"Is your surgeon a second class citizen? "
"Is your local cop a second class citizen?"
"Is your local teacher a second class citizen?
"Is your neighbor a second class citizen?"

Then each rides by on a bicycle...

"Why treat these folks as second class road users, when they have the same rights to the road as you, and pay for the local roads, just like you."

SHARE THE ROAD
Likes For genec: