Old 10-29-19, 03:01 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
This is me:

I don't use my phone as a bike computer. I've had a Garmin longer than I've had a smart phone, so I have no need for the Strava phone app to pair up with anything. And I don't use Strava for analysis. For data analysis I use Training Peaks and Golden Cheetah So I just use the free version as social media. More to see where my friends are riding.
This is me. I use a watch now because I can use the same hardware for hiking, and for cross country skiing. It's really not practical to take my phone out while I'm moving on skis to check some metric, or to end a lap. It's a Garmin watch, talks to my power meter, syncs over the air. Connect gives me my power curve now, and that's really the most important thing on the bike, at least for how I use it. Golden Cheetah gets my attention sometimes, too, but it's too cumbersome for me to keep up to date with all my ride data.

I use the global heat map on Strava because the roads in Seattle became "old hat" a long time ago, and we have a lot of great scenery not too far from town. I send the rides I travel for to Strava to update the map, so other people can benefit too. But most of their functionality doesn't interest me and I don't send them 99% of my data because there's just no reason (for me). I voted "I don't use Strava." That's not the exact truth but for the purposes of this poll, and since the last time I was on their site was July, it makes the most sense.
Likes For Seattle Forrest: