Old 11-09-19, 07:27 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Quick questions. I'm a bit anxious about not being able to buy a wheel.

Flat disc (Zipp 900 series) okay? It's old, 8 or 10 years old. Track side looks unused. I'd have to source a track conversion kit. Figure $400 wheel, $200 kit. Focus on 500m and sprint/mass start stuff. I'm no time trialer.

Or buy a new Corima for about $1000-1100? Lenticular, no conversion kit necessary.

For outdoor use I have two TriSpokes for front wheels. If things get serious I'd get a second disc, but for now my budget is basics - rear wheel, frame, SRM trade in?, and TT/drop bars.

Unfortunately my Surly fix kit only works on 105/Ult freehubs, not the DA freehub in my rear TriSpoke, else that would be a neat rear wheel.

I'm splitting hairs with wheels here but I have two goals - first, to have a bike that I'm used to by June 2020. Second, to not buy equipment all over again, so buying one wheel now and a different, "better" wheel next year.

I'm on the fence with the Dixie Flyer. I think the top tube will be high (58 size has a 52 c-t ST - it's a full 2 cm higher than a 50 cm c-t, and I was skimming the 50 TT as it was). Other than possibly falling off my bike because the track has a "downhill side" (put left foot down, hit TT, etc), the bike should fit well. 12.5 HT (should be effectively shorter than my 12 cm due to raised BB), 58/74 TT (about 1 cm longer than my 56.5/75.5). Seems to be a good frame all around, within my price range, and the guy there Bobby seems just as enthusiastic about stuff as I am.