View Single Post
Old 11-13-19, 04:40 PM
BicycleBicycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Unca_Sam
Thanks! I prefer to ride fast and far, and I'm interested in the legendary training aspects of fixed gear biking, like ironing out kinks in pedaling and increased stamina. The bike is being offered with either drop bars or pursuit bars (bullhorn), and I'd at least have to swap the stem, though I'm not sure if having a stem that short is wise. I was worried that the bike would feel heavy, and so far I'm not convinced that it won't. It has that beefy BMX fork and chainstays on the longer side. I'm not sure about the wheels, but they look like they might be 20mm wide from the photo.
fgfs bikes are not good for "fast and far". I mean, you can ride anything in almost any way you like, but some bikes are more optimized for certain purposes.
If you want a new bike instead of converting your c'mute, kilott is a great "fast and far" kind of a bike.

State looks like they make great frames above a certain price point, but IMO their "core line" is $50-$100 over what it should cost so it makes me weary of all of their other offerings.
But their high end frames look like amazing values, and the geo is on point.

I would do some research into all of your options before buying it. It may be good, or it may be like their core line.

Last edited by BicycleBicycle; 11-13-19 at 04:51 PM.