View Single Post
Old 11-13-19, 05:14 PM
restlessswind

Bikes: 2017 Surly Cross-Check. 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0, 2002 GT Dyno Roadster, 2002 Rans Stratus, 2020 Giant Fathom 2, 2011 Trek Pure Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by coolslug
Hi gang! I'm new here and would like to know your opinions on what bike I should buy please. I am having a hard time deciding between two Volt Bikes. The main difference between the two are the wheels. The Voltbike Bravo has 2.1 inch tires and the Voltbike Yukon 750 Limited has 4 inch fat tires. I took both out for test rides and I liked the cushioned ride of the fat tires a lot but wasn't crazy about road noise of these stubbed tires on the pavement. Also these wheels add more weight to an already heavy bike. Can some of you more experienced riders tell me your thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of fat tires? I don't plan on riding in the snow or on a sandy beach. I would like to ride mostly on pavement and some trails and logging roads though.
It's all a matter of preference. Why not research the cost of replacement tires and see if the fat tire is an option for you? 2.x" balloon tires aren't bad to ride on either.
I've never mounted a 4" fat tire. I'm not sure if it's a total PITA. A 27.5 is usually really easy to work with.