DougG
Road Runner

Bikes: 2017 Felt VR5, 2013 Specialized Crosstrail, 2020 Specialized Vado 4.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by racknid
I'm late to the party here, but I'm about to order a bike that comes with 46/30 chainrings: the new Felt VR series. In fact, that combo is available on three of their models, with three different cranks at different price points. The one I'm interested in uses a FSA SL-K Modular Adventure BB386EVO. They also use one in the Omega series branded Omega Adventure (BB30) that's on a Tiagra-level bike. The highest-end model uses a crank from Rotor with 46/30 rings. All come with 11-32 cassettes.

(I could have some details wrong here since bottom brackets are the mechanical area on a bike that I am least familiar with!)
That's exactly my bike:

At the time I bought it when it was first released, the VR5 came with a 48/32 crank, but the next year I replaced it with the FSA SL-K 46/30 that you mentioned. I really like this bike! It's great on all kinds of surfaces, nice and light carbon frame, and looks really good. I now have 700x32 Conti 4-seasons on it, which I found to be an improvement over the original 700x28s when riding on the gravel.

You're definitely making a good choice!