Old 12-14-19, 04:09 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Need prompt advice here (possible Galmozzi content)

Short story long: eBay. Despite 4 bidders, maybe one was you, I won at steal of a price, like $50 + shipping (so ... like around ~$125-$140 total) .

Seller was ignoring my request for total. Then came back 2 days later claiming "listing error" and "talked to eBay, they said we can handle two ways, either you meet my demand or we can't make the sale". Same seller has at least one negative feedback older than 12 months for auctions closing too low and ditching the buyer.

Seller, in Arlington Massachusetts, is trying to get me to cough up $100 more, then pay fully for shipping on top of it so I'm out around $225 total if all goes well.. It's not like this isn't necessarily worth it (it's my size, builder with significant history). I suppose there's a wild-ass-chance-in-hell we have a BF'er here who could facilitate (if we do, please PM me!!).

So I guess what I'm asking is: What would you do in this case, knowing eBay won't step in if the seller defrauds you, and you'll be stuck on the phone with PayPal for hours to get a refund on both transactions if it's poorly packed and gets damaged en route, probably because it was sent by an already disappointed seller?

- Would you contact eBay and make them aware of what the seller is trying to do?
- Would you just walk away and leave negative feedback, carry on with life?
- Would you try to work out paying the difference ($90) then paying the seller to pack and ship (probably another $50-75)?
- Would you ask the seller to allow a friend to local-pickup (BF facilitator) and pay the difference, then work with BF facilitator?
- Would you maybe do something else?

Pics of the frame in question. I'm not sure if there was any Galmozzi involvement with this frame, but there's definitely history with the two. And yes, I find the sellers bizarre photo angles and up-close shots a bit strange. But it's all I got to go on.

Last edited by francophile; 12-14-19 at 04:13 PM.