Old 12-16-19, 08:55 PM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan333SP
As someone that has raced a real bike plenty of times, and has now also started racing a virtual bike, I can tell you that the physical load on my body is exactly the same in a virtual race as it would be outdoors..
Coming back to this because it's very much inaccurate.

A zwift race is physiologically nothing like a real race. I've said this a number of times. The power is 100% different in a zwift race and an actual race. Physiologically they are very dissimilar. Comparing a Zwift A race with a p/1/2 race, a zwift race is very steady state with little to no coasting and far fewer and lesser peak outputs (500 watts is typically more than enough for nearly any surge save for the finish). Real races are typically way more stochastic with way more and way higher peaks, and way more lulls and coasting. 700-1000 watt surges are essentially the norm in crits and road races with hills or attacks. And significant amounts of softpedaling/coasting are also the norm.

Originally Posted by Dan333SP
I ultimately think a few of you guys are ranting against a strawman.
Ranting against a strawman? I responded to a question about why the UCI wouldn't get involved with zwift and you went off on a tangent trying to legitimize it as racing while saying it's not actually bike racing.

So if it's not bike racing, but the UCI governs bike racing... well, seems to fit.

Last edited by rubiksoval; 12-16-19 at 09:21 PM.