Old 12-21-19, 01:19 PM
wipekitty
vespertine member

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 163 Posts
Overall riding: My mileage is down this year - I'm currently at 4,357 miles (outdoor only of course!), down from just over 6K in both 2017 and 2018. My recreational road/gravel mileage was way lower during what are usually my two big months, July and August. Because...

Setbacks: I got hit by a car on July 2, which meant limited riding for a couple of weeks. I also had to move across the country in early August, which meant buying a vehicle, finding a place to live, fixing up my house in Wisconsin to rent out for now, and executing the move.

Commuting: I have no idea about commuting vs. non-commuting miles, as I often combine commuting, general transportation, and fun. My family didn't own a car until July, so that made bike commuting through the brutal Wisconsin winter a no-brainer (but nothing to write home about, as it was a short commute). I've done really well with the longer (minimum 18 mile RT) commute in North Carolina, despite having a backup vehicle now, and only drove three times since I started this job at the beginning of September.

Goals: Only got two centuries in, and missed Ride Across Wisconsin (due to injury and moving). No big rides since I've moved, but good progress on my big (work) project. Accomplished my goal of executing a commute in a totally unfamiliar place, and I'm happy about good consistent mileage as well as avoiding the interstate parking lot.

2020: Where the road leads is uncertain. My job in NC is only for a year, and I can go back to work in Wisconsin, unless I find something better somewhere else. All I know is that the bikes are coming along, and I'll still bike commute. If I end up near mountains, it might be time for a new road bike!

Last edited by wipekitty; 12-21-19 at 01:24 PM.
Likes For wipekitty: