View Single Post
Old 12-21-19, 01:23 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 513 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7397 Post(s)
Liked 2,571 Times in 1,498 Posts
I lost my job a year ago and didn't have a job to commute to for most of the year. I started attending college again in the last week of August and now ride 11 miles a day round trip. Thank goodness. Last year's distance record was about 2,500 miles. This year, I've hit 2,200 which is more than I expected, so I'm pleased. I seem to be in pretty good shape, though I need to put more effort into lifting weights. I've read that my experience matches others' which is that as we get older, exercise (or lack thereof) has a more immediate effect on strength than it did previously. My upper body has always been weak because I scarcely do any exercise beyond cycling.

This winter, I am pushing my ability to tolerate cold temperatures, and I am succeeding at that. I hope it's not a wet winter. Cold is better than wet.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Likes For noglider: