View Single Post
Old 12-31-19, 01:25 AM
MikeyMK
Cycleway town

Bikes: 2.6kw GT LTS e-tandem, 250w Voodoo, 250w solar recumbent trike, 3-speed shopper, Merlin ol/skl mtb, 80cc Ellswick

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 169 Times in 117 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDudeIsHere
Wow, the e bikes here are hitting 30 mph and too many on the cycling trails around here. Actually racing each other on e bikes. Funny thing is they try to race us who are not on ebikes as well, pretty silly.

About a month ago, I was riding with friends doing our thing. Some dude on an ebike pulls up and starts bragging about how fast his bike can go. Uh OK! then he offers to pull us at 30 MPH. No thanks. After several minutes the dude takes off.

Several minutes too long. I didn't ask about his bike, his speed or anything else but he felt he needed to fill me in on a bike I will NEVER consider. Wasted my time and several minutes of my life.

Funniest thing couple weeks back. Some dude on an e bike, aero bars and a super bright light the size of an automobile riding up and down the bike path at 30 mph. We do have a pretty wide open bike trail but c'mon, take that motorcycle out onto the street.
Yeah, people like him seem like nothing more than attention seekers who have never had that much excitement before, and are compelled to bask in the glory of someone else's achievement. You get it in all fields to be fair, pretty much all material goods can bring out tape-measure mentality, especially for beginners.

I'll be honest, i still slightly enjoy passing a dedicated manual rider uphill, whilst i'm perched no-handed or have my 8yo child on the back, there's something sadistically enjoyable about it... but i don't get involved with others going about their business (unless they ask, and they do, usually outside shops). After all, whilst i designed and built my truly unique bike from my custom selection of parts, it's still an amalgamation of other people's achievements too.
Likes For MikeyMK: