View Single Post
Old 12-31-19, 10:42 AM
TheDudeIsHere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyMK
Yeah, people like him seem like nothing more than attention seekers who have never had that much excitement before, and are compelled to bask in the glory of someone else's achievement. You get it in all fields to be fair, pretty much all material goods can bring out tape-measure mentality, especially for beginners.

I'll be honest, i still slightly enjoy passing a dedicated manual rider uphill, whilst i'm perched no-handed or have my 8yo child on the back, there's something sadistically enjoyable about it... but i don't get involved with others going about their business (unless they ask, and they do, usually outside shops). After all, whilst i designed and built my truly unique bike from my custom selection of parts, it's still an amalgamation of other people's achievements too.
Yeah I have no problem with those who do their own thing, and there are a lot of them now on our bike trail. Happens to be 60 miles roundtrip and mostly wide open so one can really get rolling on a pedal or e bike. No problem there. I do slow around the very few, like 2 kids I see on a ride for safety, for the record.

But I don't feel the need to pull up on my pedal bike to other riders and say," hey look at me, I can hold 20 MPH because I'm using new bar tape!".

The one thing I really disliked was that he was hugging my side on a huge e bike while I had a couple of buddies on my wheel. I like to ride single file for safety so a big huge ape hanger handlebar bike a foot away from me, makes me nervous.,

I really don't have a problem with e bikes with those who mind their own but for some reason, some feel the need to "show off" their POWER. To be honest, I'm more impressed with someone on a pedal bike who has power.

But like this lady (her hubby was cool about it) in this video. This happens to be a video from a personal friend of mine. Dude is a fast rider on his single and his wife on the tandem at times are pretty strong riders. He was just starting out on their ride, pulling out onto the trail when a lady and her hubby caught and passed them from behind. Of course the ebikes were already into a full roll and it would take time for the tandem to get up to speed.

But as the lady rolls by, she shouts, "you should have got an ebike!" of some sort. Hard to hear but these are the words my buddy said she shouted as she rolled by. Pretty arrogant he thought and I would have thought the same if it were me. But then they get up to speed and they pass the ebike, when he shouts, "you should have got a bike that the battery doesn't die!". Something to that sort as he told me. I have a hard time hearing the video but you can hear a verbal exchange.