View Single Post
Old 01-04-20, 07:42 PM
tedlemme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
I suspect you should be able to solve knee problems with adjustment of cleat position, saddle height, and/or saddle fore-aft positions. See if your LBS or a good fitter can help with this.
I thought so, too, and was hoping for that. But the LBS guy who fits bikes gave it a go and told me he'd done all he could to get it as close as possible. And he's a good guy who does bike fitting and really seems to know what he's talking about. Spent a good bit of time with me on the bike on a trainer. Shop was empty so I had all his attention. So, when he said he'd done his best and there really wasn't anything else he could fiddle with, I guess that's about it. I was excited at the time, but I still took two weeks off my bike to let the residual aches die away so when I rode again I would know if it was fixed or not by if they came back. But they still did.

That's why I'm frustrated enough to think maybe I'm just done with cycling. A custom frame sounds great, but I've already got a bike (2016 Cannondale SuperSix EVO Team Edition). If I can't get this one adjusted sufficiently, I can't get something custom until I sell this. I hear the used market for road bikes isn't great, but I'll probably give it a try.