View Single Post
Old 01-05-20, 10:31 AM
Moishe
Banned.

Liked 78 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by tedlemme
Actually, this isn't the first fitter I went to. The first fitter I went to was the guy at the "big" local bike store, which is part of a fairly large East Coast chain. They're the ones in the area regarded as the really experts, the guys that know what they're doing, the ones who have had all the real training, blah, blah blah. THE bike fitters. Those were the guys that put me on this bike, told me it would be good, and that once I bought it, they'd be able to dial-in the adjustments.

As most of you recognize, and the guy above said, the bike they put me on -- Cannondale SuperSix Evo -- isn't doing me any favors. So, it was the best local fitter that put me on what seems to be precisely the wrong bike.

It was since then that I've gone to the bike fitter at the smaller, mom&pop local bike shop. The non-chain store shop with the guys that really seem to know what they're doing. More professional bike fitter? The "more professional" guy is the one that sold me a $4,000 bike that doesn't fit me well. It's the smaller, more local guy that's done what he can for me to try to make it work, since the money is spent and the bike is ridden. This is what I have to work with now, unless I can sell it, which doesn't seem too promising.
Well, gee whiz. I guess this goes to show that bad advice is widely available on the East Coast, and here on Bikeforums.