View Single Post
Old 01-12-20, 03:11 PM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
All I know is the gravel path around the baseball diamonds get no fun to ride on this winter. They got wet enough where you're just sinking in and it's super hard to pedal. Maybe other gravel paths are more compacted....

The snow is what stopped me last night. I tried to go but didn't get very far and turned around. My rear wheel was spinning. Front tires was sliding out at times and the plow hadn't been through on my roads to help me out. I have been riding in the snow a couple times just fine but not this time. I almost got wore out just going a half of a block and back. LOL. This snow was a lot heavier and wetter and just grabbed the bike. And was deeper. The last few times the snow was much lighter an fluffier. I mean it took more work but I was good. Possibly a fat tire bike might have worked. I don't know. I'll be able to go tonight though. The roads got cleared. It could be somewhat dangerous though as they are slick cuz it's wet and if it gets real cold it'll be like ice again tonight.
Likes For 3S1M: