Old 01-22-20, 09:44 AM
John_V 

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
I recently bought a Wahoo Mini (couldn't pass it up at $50), and have added HR and cadence sensors. So far, it's been great. I use it for both rides and trainer sessions. Setup is super easy through the Wahoo app, and the amount of customization is remarkable for such a small and low-budget unit. I have mine set up to upload ride data to Strava at the end of the ride, and email a "live track" link to my wife at the start of the ride, both of which are also super easy to do through the Wahoo app. It's missing a couple of features of the bigger units (power meter and turn-by-turn directions being the biggest ones), but that's not a significant concern for me. I found a lot of excellent in-depth information about it by searching "wahoo mini review".
I have been looking at the Wahoo Mini for a while as a replacement for my wife's RFLKT when it dies. Now, I'm not so sure. Not only does Amazon have them on sale for $50.00 but so does Wahoo and they are out of stock. This tells me that Wahoo is getting ready to dump the Mini and come out with something in it's place or just rely on their Elemnt GPS line of computers moving forward. Actually, I would like to see Wahoo come up with a unit that works like the RFLKT but doesn't have all the disconnection issues that the RFLKT had.

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress