Old 01-22-20, 12:03 PM
Kevin12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Roubaix rattle

Originally Posted by sjh953
Thanks for the photo. (It's not what I was visualizing, so seeing it action is all I needed.)

As an aside: When I first started riding the Roubaix, and was trying to figure out where the noise was coming from, the theory I eventually settled on was that the replaceable spring was, when compressing quickly, hitting the side of the chamber in which it's housed. Like you, I switched to the softest spring. My guess was that instead of compressing in a straight line up and down, the spring was deforming to the side, in a ")" shape, and noisily bouncing against the walls. I never got around to doing anything about it, but my thought was maybe adding some thin, softer material around the inside of the chamber between the spring and housing.

Have you quizzed any of the other Roubaix riders in your group to see if there is a link between the spring used and whether there is a noise or not? I wonder if using the stiffer spring eliminates the noise, as per my "theory".
Hi i found the rattle its the other end of the shock water gets in and there are pins around a plastic case that roll up and down around another spring at the other end this spring rust up and the pins fall off the plastic case into the casing allowing the pins to rattle around your shock im pretty sure this is why they have now upgraded them hope this helps solve your.mystery rattling