View Single Post
Old 02-01-20, 10:25 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 819 Times in 422 Posts
This is my Chinese made Culprit. Joshua Colp is an American guy who used to work for Trigon in Taiwan, well known for carbon frames and accessories. I got this bike in 2013, as a demo sale at a nice price. Joshua brought a truck load of bikes to our club ride and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately, Culprit has changed his business approach, and no longer sells built up bikes. He had an internet service where you spec out the equipment, frame size and colors, and they ship it to you from their factory in Taiwan. They used to include a local fitting and included a nice riding kit with the bike. All the hardware is first rate, and the frame handles like a dream, rides stiffer than my old Roubaix, but is so responsive that it is a joy to ride. Culprit were early road disc brake adopters and used to cater to the tri racers to get around the disc brake ban in road races several years ago. My bike came with an extra set of rim brakes, as well as the disc brakes. The original Token carbon wheels were disc or rim brake compatible. My bike has cable operated TRP discs and 10 speed Ultegra Di2, later ones have hydraulic disc and 11 speed. They were very quick to handle a warranty issue with the OEM rear hub, and I have many thousand miles now with no other issues. Its a great bike, and I tell everyone who asks, that "Its the best bike nobody ever heard of". I also ride Specialized Allez and Roubaix, and this is a bike I've been very happy with. The 41 mm Reynolds Assault wheels shown are an upgrade that I did a few years ago, and are not rim brake compatible, but are less wind sensitive than the Token 55s it came with.

One of our club riders is a mtn biker who prefers flat bars and pedals, so he bought the same frame and built his up with mechanical Ultegra, and HED Ardennes rims.

Last edited by Slightspeed; 02-01-20 at 10:45 PM.
Likes For Slightspeed: