Old 02-02-20, 04:22 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
What Cycling Events or Trips Do You Have Planned for 2020?I know @jppe as a strong rider, who's retired, and sometimes his wife drives the sag wagon.

I'm still working, though with generous time off to be shared among some colleagues, and my wife and I were compatible touring companions back in the day.Ever since I heard about the Great Ohio Bike Adventure (GOBA) I have investigated riding it with my wife. It is a week long, seemingly fairly easy loop in Ohio; a one-day drive from Boston, and near Michigan where we could visit family.

Up to a couple years ago, GOBA offered an optional Hotel package rather than standard camping, but even now at least advises participants where to make their own arrangements in the various towns they visit.

A couple weeks ago my wife, who now rides only casually mostly on MUPS, and I discussed participating this June, our first cycle tour together since about 1986. However, the dates are not available to me from work. So if anyone knows of any East Coast / mid Atlantiic / near Midwest (about as far west as Illinois) / Canadian week-long loop tours, within about 1000 miles of Boston, with the possibility of Hotel accomodations, let me know.

I prefer a loop rather than end-to-end to eliminate the transport back to the starting point.
Bike Virginia???