View Single Post
Old 02-03-20, 12:44 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
Even the clothing side of shops make it nearly impossible to want to support their kids for them.

I saw a jersey I like online. $35, ordered Sunday night, on my doorstep from halfway across the country on the third working day.

A second jersey I liked and a $5 discount using the gift card the online seller sent along with the first purchase....AND A FREE PAIR OF SOCKS!

Received my shipment and another gift card, another pair of socks.

Found a super good price on a cool jersey and using he gift card, got one for $19 (sale price and $5 discount). The second $24 sale price. Received all shipments within 2 to 3 working days from across the country.

Ended up ordering about 7 jerseys that month, all great prices, great service and the online shop ended up throwing in a couple of key chains of little bicycle can opener thingies. All with $5 gift cards and free socks for each jersey ordered.

Went to a local shop. They asked if I was interested in buying a shop jersey. Trying to help them out, I said OK and the jersey looked decent. $80 discount price and a promised it within 1 month. I paid up front, to be nice, then it ended up taking 4 months to get this overpriced free advertising billboard jersey.

Walk into several local bike shops. Looking for a basic florescent color jersey to use while riding at night. Nothing but overpriced team advertising jerseys.

Really tough to support the local shops even in the clothing department when you get so much more online. Buy 7 jerseys THAT I WANT AND LIKE, get 7 free pair of socks , gift card with each shipment, and 2 of these cool little key chain bike thingies.

Sorry man, I get so much more online for my money.

Last edited by TheDudeIsHere; 02-03-20 at 12:54 PM.