View Single Post
Old 02-06-20, 04:27 PM
weight4it

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm also on the lookout for lightweight pedals and spotted the Ace QR ti pedals, if anyone has other recommendations I'd be keen to hear them.

P.s. I could only find one review in another thread on here:
Originally Posted by jur
I got a pair of those on my Brompton. I can't recommend them:

1. Too small unless you have petite ballerina feet
2. Inboard bearing is a sleeve bearing. On my left one, one one shortish ride after using it for perhaps a month, the pedal started binding halfway through the ride. I managed to get home; I think it rotated the spindle inside the MKS style removable bit. I got it apart easily enough; the sleeve bearing is some sort of hard plastic-like material and it had bound to the Ti axle. The axle showed some damage. I cleaned that as well as I could using a scouring pad. The bearing itself I cleaned and smoothed by carefully twisting a 10mm drill bit in it. Grease, back together and so far it is holding. But I would not trust this thing going on a tour or something.

Despite that I still use them.

In case you're wondering, I have them screwed into that insanely light but cheap crankset that is popping up all over these days in black or silver. Can't recommend that either. Not stiff enough, and Q-factor too small. I discovered it IS possible to have your feet too close together on a bike.