Mosyosalyangoz
Road Cyclist

Bikes: Corelli Kr 100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogerogeroge
Then you obviously should use less ice the night before and more water the day of the ride. If you find yourself in this conundrum in the middle of the ride, find a water tap to fill the bottle with water or maybe a friend has second bottle that you can pour into yours. You could then give back some cold water before long. As I said, you gotta have water to melt the ice.
Originally Posted by Gconan

Wide foot carries big bottle cages that carry insulated and non-insulated. 32, 40 & even 48 ounces.
Originally Posted by Gconan
LiterCage Fit Guide
The LiterCage stainless steel bottle cage fits most 3.5″ diameter bottles.
Listed below are products which our customers have seen success in carrying.

Aquatix:
40 oz Insulated*

Blackthorn:
32 oz Stainless Steel Wide Mouth*

DICK’S Sporting Goods:
32 oz Push Pull Water Bottle

Fifty/Fifty:
40 oz Stainless Steel Wide Mouth*

Hydro Flask:
32 oz / 40 oz Wide Mouth*

Kinzi:
32 oz Wide Mouth*

Kleen Kanteen:
40 oz Classic

MiiR:
32 oz Howler*

Mizu:
36 oz V12 Insulated Wide Mouth Bottle*

Mueller:
32 ounce Quart w. Push/Pull Cap

Nalgene:
32 oz – Wide Mouth / Narrow Mouth
48 oz – Wide Mouth / Narrow Mouth**
38 oz Stainless Steel*

Nathan:
24 oz DoubleShot
32 oz BigShot

Polar Bottle:
42 oz Insulated Bottle

Primus:
1.5L Fuel Bottle*

Note:
*Use of an additional strap is recommended for these oversized or metal bottles to eliminate any rattling.
**We recommend using 3-hole mounting bosses when carrying these larger bottles.
Originally Posted by honcho
For a 3 plus hour ride, my experience with the Polar bottles and the Camelbak Podium Ice bottles is that they're hardly worth the effort unless they've been frozen solid during summertime temps in the 80s or higher. If it's hot and we want cold water, our go-to solutions are freezing a hydration bladder 1/3 to 1/2 full and filling the remainder with liquid water or using a nalgene 32oz bottle filled with ice and water and using an Outdoor Products Water Bottle Parka. The enclosed bottle doesn't fit a normal cage though we do have one with a strap that will hold it in place. For us, those two methods provide us with cold / cool water for most of a day.
Originally Posted by pdlamb
FWIW, insulated Polar and Camelback bottles filled with ice and then water (or "drink") will keep the water cool for about two hours in 80s or higher. Beyond that time, and @honcho indicates, the liquid warms up. However, since my bikes have space for two bottles, and I need to drink at least one large bottle per hour at those temperatures, at the end of two hours they're empty (which is worse than warm!), so I'll find a place to refill them at that time.
Thank you for comments.
Likes For Mosyosalyangoz: