View Single Post
Old 02-21-20, 03:57 PM
Emilio700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dennis55
I do the above and eat no bread, no sugar, few beers and never more than 2. Eat lots of salad. I stay hungry.
Yup.
This is an important key, to drop weight and stay light means spending at least part of the day hungry. Occasionally being a little bit hungry the entire day. Finding foods that have low calorie density like salads, helps a lot in this regard.

Most people are conditioned to not ever get too hungry and to fully stuff themselves at least once a day. That's the recipe for putting on too much muscle and fat.

I stuff myself maybe once a week if that. And only after I've ridden a minimum of 4 hours. The rest of the time I always stop eating well before I am full.

Lately, having incorporated strength training into my regime again, I find myself putting on muscle. Not a massive amount but there's the last two pounds I'm struggling to keep off that I didn't have any problem with last year before the strength training. So I'm keeping the protein in but having to cut way back on the carbs to keep from getting bigger.