Old 03-10-20, 03:11 PM
PoorBob

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Building a bike for the long haul (years)

Hello group.

About to enter the next phase of life (mid life) and looking to get onto a little firmer footing of a bike.

My current bike is a "Endurance" style carbon road bike. I have had this bike for 5yrs now and have been fighting BB creek for 3. This plus a 30c tire max I have been thinking for about a year now of switching to something a bit different.

For a long time I was dead set on carbon, shaving grams would = speed right?! Now I am after a bike that is sensible in weight, has a threaded BB and can get a nice wide tire when needed. Spring around here offers a ton of great and debris on roads and trails and I am getting to a point where I like to avoid crashes and rashes.

I guess I am asking for a some feed back to help focus on my next step.

I have found a few framesets that I think would work for me, and from internet searches that are only 1.1 to 1.4lbs heavier then my carbon frame set believe it or not.

So what are a few things to consider, what would you suggest? And I plan to build this bike out since that kind of misery is just something I enjoy.

I am thinking with a few higher end components I can easily make up that difference in weight..