View Single Post
Old 03-18-20, 05:55 PM
bonsai171

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by srode1
Thanks Dave! It's basically a transplant of parts from my RLT9 Aluminum, plus few new parts

GRX Di2 Shifters and brake Calipers (new)
Ultegra 8050 front and rear deraileurs (long cage rear)
Ritchey WCS Evomax Bars with Bontrager gelcork tape (new) and Bontrager RXL Stem
Ultegra chain (new)
Randee Cobb Saddle
Ritchey Flexlogic Seatpost
Rotor 3D 50/34 with power2max powermeter
Road wheels (in the picture, borrowed from another bike of mine) Enve3.4 tubeless Schwalbe Pro1 25mm, and DuraAce 11/28 cassette
Gravel wheels Enve G23 with 11/36 Sram cassette (from the other RLT) Conti Terra speed 40mm tires (new)
Shimano PD-A600 pedals.

With the road wheels and tires / cassette its just under 19 lbs
With the gravel wheels and tires its 19.5 lbs,
both with pedals and bottle cages included

Throwing some more carbon parts in the mix it would get to a half pound lighter for each set up, so 18.5 and 19lbs respectively

I really liked the feel of the 785 shifters on the other bike, the GRX may not be quite as comfortable time will tell. GRX is better feeling than Ultegra and Dura-Ace Di2 to me though. The build does feel lighter than the aluminum version, and rides better with the road tires on it too. Gravel tires probably won't be as noticeable a difference.
Sounds like a great bike! Ive heard the RDO and aluminum ride very similarly. Rode my buddy's RDO (2015 model), and that is a pretty sweet ride. Rides even better than my steel mtb. Curious what made you decide to switch from aluminum to carbon?

Dave