Old 03-24-20, 06:44 AM
Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Enthalpic
Let your subordinates get a few free passes with this crap.

Your clients are also off work - or should be - only front line electricians / engineers should be working
We support utilities (I do power, but we have gas and comm as well) so they've deemed us essential. I don't necessarily agree with every part of the utility business being essential, but it's keeping me employed, and we're all remote anyway except for surveying which we're only sending people in separate cars and they're doing their safety tailboard at a distance from each other and eating lunch in their separate cars, so it's probably fine.

But if most of these projects got delayed 6 months it wouldn't kill anyone. Would a few more people maybe lose power in a storm if we don't continue to improve and renew the infrastructure? Yes. But what we're doing is mostly not emergent work. Some of our projects are replacing poles that are in really, really bad shape, so that I could see continuing. But the rest? I dunno.

I worry about the crews that are still out there working on non-emergent stuff. 5 or 6 guys or whatever, together all day, improving infrastructure that isn't going to fall down in the next 3 months if it isn't fixed.
Likes For Flatballer: