Thread: Culture change
View Single Post
Old 03-27-20, 06:15 PM
wipekitty
vespertine member

Bikes: Yes

Liked 220 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
People some we used to call germaphobes are now looking like reasonable people. This event look like it may have a lasting effect on peoples psyche. Living densely sounds dangerous and from the looks of streets in Italy and the US it seems as if the population is taking in seriously.
So right on the germaphobe bit. I'm grateful that my mother is a germaphobe. All that hand washing, taking hand sanitizer to church, and spraying me down with Lysol when I got sick as a kid seems totally okay at the moment!

I suspect that we'll probably see more people covering their faces in public, even in the US, once we get to the other side of this - just like people in other regions of the world have been doing for quite some time. To be perfectly honest, I feel safer living in a place with moderate population density than the lower density place I lived a year ago. There are actual services for things like grocery delivery, there's reliable phone and internet access, and when supplies run out, they get restocked more quickly.

Originally Posted by JoeyBike
And still no one is even whispering Zero Population Growth. Seems obvious. Too many people.
No kidding. I've been saying that for quite some time.