View Single Post
Old 04-02-20, 11:24 PM
Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command

Bikes: 3 Road Bikes, 2 Hybrids

Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
My First CF Road Bike. I'm STOKED!!

Yesterday afternoon a friend of mine stopped over for a visit and in his trunk was a bike he'd recently bought that I coveted. Negotiations were made, hands were (virtually) shook and now it's mine! It's a 2009 Fuji Team RC high modulus CF, which sports Utegra SL. I'm pretty stoked.

I've been wanting a full CF roadie for a long time, but have not been willing to pay the premium over aluminum for one. My buddy had recently bought this one for a song, but he didn't care for the fit and decided to pass the savings on to me. He's going to keep the wheels and rear cassette, but I have a brand new set of wheels that are 10-speed compatible that will be perfect for this bike. I also have composite pedals I can swipe from another road bike, so all I need is a 10-speed cassette.

Here's a pro photo. I really stink at photography, so I'm not going to bother posting any of my over/under exposed pictorial artwork.

https://archive.fujibikes.com/2009/Fuji/team-rc4

It's my understanding that these bikes had an MSRP of around $4,000, but they were being clearanced from Performance bike for $1400 to $1600 at one time, which sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I paid much less.