Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I see all sorts of weird stuff being done on TR and with other "canned" workouts folks do that I follow.

I'm dipping back into higher power stuff, so was cruising what other folks are doing. One guy on out team had recently done some kind of TR workout that looked similar to 1:1 but was 1.5:1.

I thought the theory here was to inject a lot of lactic and get the HR up pretty fast. Then, once up, the ratio pretty much hold the HR up high since you can't recover but the recovery is just enough to be able to do enough work to inject a lot more lactic in the system again on the next rep.

3min like I've traditionally done seems to me to be a lot more aerobic contribution than the shorter efforts. But, for VO2 I sill hear about how 3 on 3 off being "the deal".

What would some kind of "tweener" workout like 1.5 on 1 off? I may just ask what the description of the workout is telling him. I'm always looking for "new" ways to do that work as doing the same exact stuff over and over gets boring.

May just eat it and do a 20 or 30min Crit City race to get some VO2 stimulus, lol. And get my rear end handed to me!
Here's an example in the crit plan from Trainer road.. High intensity, short rest. Long rest between sets

Tamarack is 3 sets of 3x3-minute 'Attack and Recover' intervals with very short, 1-minute recoveries between intervals and 4-minute recoveries between sets.This workout was formerly known as Abott.

This workout targets improvements in Anaerobic capacity by increasing times to exhaustion at levels well above FTP and even above VO2max power. Performing them on the heels of muscularly taxing Threshold efforts furthers the challenge for riders coming into race-level fitness.The benefits of training at intensities this high are plentiful and wide-ranging. From improved lactate processing capabilities/acidic tolerance to greater levels of muscle fiber recruitment and increased fiber size all equating to greater work capacity - painful but productive.The intensity and repetition make these efforts especially useful for mountain bikers, cyclocross racers, road racers and criterium riders.Cadence during the Threshold portions of each interval should stay above 90rpm and then jump to 100rpm or higher during the supra-threshold 'attacks' even exceeding 120rpm during the very brief, 15-second sprints that conclude each set of intervals.
Likes For Ttoc6: