Old 04-10-20, 05:26 PM
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 299 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol
Sunday I did 50+ miles, a level higher ride than I had been doing. No surprise my legs and even lungs weren't up for it. But my neck also bothered me. The next day it was apparent I had pulled something in my lower neck or upper shoulder, presumably from looking behind me.

Four days later and it still hurts almost as much as on Monday. wut
I'm probably the oldest guy here except for Zona Tandem who has not been heard from for a while.This being so, I've likely experienced more aches and pains than anyone else here based on length of service and have devised solutions that may work for you. I've found in the case of my poor back, that the chiropractor does some manipulation and I can feel vertebrae pop back into place and discomfort disappear altogether of diminish. I reasoned that my neck is prone to the same issue.
THE CURE
Roll neck slowly left. Try not to break anything by rushing it. Then roll slowly to right. Repete a few times. Then reach to the back of the neck and you should feel one vertebrae that seems to be protruding. Push it around from left to right a few time and you should feel it pop back into place.

I do some neck exercises almost daily to maintain strength in the effected muscles and this helps minimize recurrence.
Likes For berner: