Old 04-21-20, 07:22 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 383 Posts
I've been sticking to my schedule of riding Tue, Thurs, and Sundays, weather permitting as I won't ride in rain or cold . I was trying to ride the '86 Classic on Tue, '87 Miami Vice on Thurs, '88 Carbon Ironman on Sundays and '89 road bar specific STB Ironman once a month. But I got off track due to weather and continued the rotation. So today I'll be on my '88 Carbon Ironman.
So Sunday, I was riding my '87 Miami Vice and feeling pretty good (even though I was straight into the headwind) halfway to the turnaround, When I came across about 20 cyclist in a pack heading the opposite way. Then about 5 more stragglers in their wake. I was surprised to see them on my regular route and even more surprised to see them so tightly bunched. They seemed to be in their 20s and 30s as they didn't have the prerequisite Paunch of 50+. A few miles later another group of cyclist (all women) riding together but...apart. then almost to the turnaround several more riders. First time I've ever seen that. In all probably 35+ cyclist out that day.
Stay safe out there Ironkids.