View Single Post
Old 04-22-20, 09:20 PM
grayEZrider

Bikes: '13 Specialized Elite, KHS 223, '94 Trek 2120, 92 Raleigh technium, '87 Centurion LeMans, '86 Centurion IronMan, 2019 Canyon Endurace Al

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 37 Posts
as many as 14, now down to 7

After retiring 5 years ago I bought a KHS Flite 223 to resume riding after stalling out in the early '80s. I started following Bike Forums and got hooked on the yearly "clunker challenges". It seemed like a good way to cheaply catch up on what tech had done to the cycling world since my basic steel 10-speed huffy and Ross days.
Oh boy.
I have NO Fear of Covid-19 (it is in reality only just another minor flu bug) but I now struggle mightily against the N+1.

I have given bikes to several siblings and a half-dozen to local kids (and a couple parents) while learning what I really liked and needed. Great fun actually, and I still learn daily from all the regular contributors to the forums. Especially the C&V!

That said, I now have a vintage carbon, a vintage Al and a vintage steel. All three converted to brake shifters. And a current (group rider) Specialized Al Elite along with a new Canyon Endurance Al. My current steel is the KHS 221 converted to gravel bike. An often crashed and no longer trusted vintage carbon Trek is the beater bike (always outdoors and left unlocked everywhere). I might be cheating here by mentioning the single speed is useless in these hills and is going to a younger brother. And the old rain bike (Ross 10 speed with fenders and rack) will be given away at the next opportunity.
So only seven is my story and I'm sticking to it. But Craiglist is like sugar to a six year old!!

my favorite ride