I'm looking to pick up a bike.

Stats
6 foot 2 inches
weigh 300lbs
Inseam is 32 for pants.
36 inch arms for shirts
I used to be 240, but had a back injury and put on 60 lbs weight. I

What I want to Ride
I want to get back into biking for fitness 3-4x a week 10-15 miles, and wanted to get some recommendations.

Terrain- Mix of road/pavement and possibly some gravel and rail trails. No traditional mountain bike riding in my future.

Problems I have encountered
- My back issue flares up when I lean over too aggressively, so road bikes are out and probably drop bars? I am extremely wide shouldered and top heavy from years of playing football and former cross fitter (think size 54 jacket when out of shape, custom cut size 52 when I was 60 lbs lighter). So skinny tires and a road bike aren't the best for me.

Budget- $2,000 or under USD.

What do you all recommend?

I've looked at

1. Surly Long Haul Trucker Disc Brakes -58 frame - 700 CC tires

2. Trek Checkpoint ALR 5 - 2021 model - 58 frame- 700 cc tires

3. Surly Bridge Club

Any other suggestions or feedback?
First of all, I wouldn't assume you can't handle drop bars. It is a matter of getting a bike with a long enough frame to get the bars up to about the same height as your saddle or maybe even a bit higher. And, get handlebars that are wide enough to accomodate your large frame. Plenty of different ways to do this, and if you plan to ride, having a bike you can ride with multiple hand positions is a good thing. Finally, drop bars put your wrists in a neutral position when you ride on the hoods with IMO is way better than the unnatural position flat bars put your hands.

I like your idea of Surly. But the Long Haul Trucker and the Bridge Club is maybe more bike than you need. How about the Surly Straggler, All City Space Horse, Kona Rove, or Jamis Renegade?