Old 04-28-20, 11:24 AM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by alloo
People want to live in cities. More people live in cities than the suburb. Freeway commuting forces you to buy a car. You're essentially stuck in a cage for hours. More freeways results in more congestion. Your cage forces you to be stuck in a financial cage. Your money goes to fuel, tune ups, tires, brakes, insurance and a car payment. Your cage separates you from nature and other people. Living in the suburbs cause you to be obese and less healthy because you drive everywhere. Look at the US from 1970 - the present, we have gotten fatter and more unhealthy. When you can't or won't bike or walk anywhere, you have to join a fitness club instead of living a healthy lifestyle.

I believe you will find that a political belief not a statistical truth. Many urban centers are called metropolitan to try and increase their tax base. In reality the Suburbs dominate the area. I am not a big fan of city lab but they are pretty open minded to the reality of where people live. I don't believe when this is over it will get better for urban living without some major changes in density standards. For your reading enjoyment and consideration. https://www.citylab.com/life/2018/11...burban/575602/