Old 04-29-20, 03:01 PM
soccerpk6

Bikes: 2013 Specialized Allez Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Appreciate this feedback! The bike is same color scheme and does have the Sora components. The positive review on the bike is good to hear though! I love the look on the bike as well. It won't even let me quote the picture of your bike until I have 10 posts ughh

Originally Posted by Craptacular8
It wouldn't be too terribly hard to get the chain and cassette to rust if the previous owner was in the habit of hosing the bike off without wiping it down and re-lubing. In my experience, the bike would be beginner friendly, in that it's a pretty comfortable endurance geometry. The A1 came in two versions....the one equipped with shimano claris components that was frequently seen in the $750-800 range the following season "new" in the stores as a hold over, and the Shimano Sora version that was I think originally listed for 1100, but was often discounted to 900 later in the season, and into the following year. If the bike you're looking at is the Claris version, it should be less than $650, particularly in that condition. You can buy a new Salsa Jouryneyman, similar geometry, with Claris components for not much more. If it's the Sora version, price may not be too far off. I have the same bike, but the only thing original about it now is the frame and fork. From my experience, the sizing in 2017 ran a little on the small side. I typically ride a 52 in a road bike, but in the Diverge, that felt a little "short" on the reach. There was no difference in the top tube length, so I ended up on a 54....I'm 5'7, just average torso length, but long arms I guess. So, you'd want to give it a test ride to make sure it fits for sure. I have quite a few bikes I rotate through, and I've always liked the ride of the Diverge.
Likes For soccerpk6: