Thread: Culture change
View Single Post
Old 04-30-20, 08:48 PM
rossiny

Bikes: Trek 970, Bianchi Volpe,Casati

Liked 123 Times in 87 Posts
Normal business ?

I have been of the mind frame before this virus , that civilization is going completely crazy. We have an economic system in place that is based on unlimited mass production / mass consumption/ mass pollution. I just dont get how we can keep producing over 70 million cars per year and if they are not continued to sell and produce people will loose their jobs. . As you notice pretty regularly we go to war mainly in the middle east to control oil interest. If you think about a jumbo jet and fueling up with 36, 000 gallons jet fuel for fill up. Once again , am I the only one that is amazed we have that much fuel underground. ?? You can't help but wonder, how forgiving can this planet be. Am I the only one that is amazed we can still breath.?
Our economy is also based on constant growth to pay stock holders, and credit to even operate some businesses.
How does my comment relate to the virus you may ask? The saying when will we get back to normal?
We are so far away from normal now it is mind boggling.😱 Why would we want to get back to that. Maybe this is a message about actually choosing what we choose to do in our future and our children's future. When a child eats a pound of chocolate a parent need to step in and discipline, we are like an indisciplined child out of control eating pounds of chocolate daily. At some time there will be consequences...
So in closing , getting back to normal business after this pandemic is suspect and all the other insecurities about how many people it will kill. There is that theory that what is happening is happening because we are creating it with our thoughts, then become manifested into reality . Are we in fact trying to kill ourselves off because we cant get off the merry- go - round. ( current economy)?
PS , Just google world daily oil consumption is like 93 million barrels per day. That is PER DAY...
boggles the mind 🤯

Last edited by rossiny; 05-09-20 at 10:20 PM.
Likes For rossiny: