Thread: Culture change
View Single Post
Old 05-01-20, 08:45 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
I think you are mistaking normal and sustainable… Today it seems that society thinks and sees , what IS viewed, as normal, is NOT really that sustainable, but IS, being viewed as normal, and sustainable... JMO . A bit convoluted I know but it makes sense to me...
I had a rather long detailed response with posted links trying to express my point on this but I simply decided it wasn't worth the effort. I would hope Cooker might be half right and things will come back strong. I am a bit more skeptical however but I do know from talking with people they are tired of promised changed and pie in the sky solutions. From the people I talk to people just want to go back to work. They just want the life back they had. They just want to be able to go to dinner or take their kids store and buy something that will make them happy. They don't want to be afraid of getting on a subway and getting sick, even if it was just a cold or the flu like Cooker had. Normal is sustainable to the family looking at their life and their children's. Maybe not five generations down the line but by then who knows what sustainable is? And don't try to say scientists do because they are no better at predicting the future than someone with a crystal ball. If they did this pandemic wouldn't have caught them by surprise. But I digress.

The same people that some look to for sustainable life suggestions are telling us this pandemic will be coming back.. The same people that say it is coming back are saying it will come back taking the same path it did last time so the same large urban centers will get hit first again. The same subway and bus systems will become toxic maybe even airlines and trains. WE will have to practice social distancing again. I simply cannot believe we as a society can look at the lifestyle of large urban city and not develop a bit of a dread if we do see it coming back next season. Unless the scientific experts are wrong again. That is simply my opinion.

Look people these are only expressed opinions here and people can post their wish list of what would make a fair world. But if we talk to every day people living every day lives they just want to get back to work. They just want to pay their rent, buy food and save up for retirement. And they all feel like they are the only adults that know what they need.

Last edited by Mobile 155; 05-01-20 at 08:48 PM.