View Single Post
Old 05-13-20, 08:49 AM
msu2001la

Liked 1,495 Times in 876 Posts
Originally Posted by jordanair45
I had to pick it up on my lunch because the bike shop had limited hours because of the whole COIVD situation.

So. I drove up to the shop, texted them when I was outside, and they brought it out and loaded it into the car. I did not notice, I just put it in the car, its a new bike, not much to worry about.

As soon as I got home, it was noticed. I took pictures, documented, texted the mechanic, said there is nothing that can be done until the stores open, so, gotta wait.

Customer service said I can order a new one in the meantime, but I don't want to put 2 charges on my credit card for this bike, going to wait until the end of month to take action. Plus, after the chain ring issue, idk if they will charge me to take it back
They want you to buy a second bike? I'm so confused...

I wouldn't ride your current bike until your bike shop checks out that scratch/crack. It could be a structural crack or just a surface scratch - really hard to tell from a photo. Either way I'd expect the LBS to address it. Adjusting the drivetrain should be a simple fix, and yes it should've been set up properly from the beginning, but also it's possible something got whacked when loading/unloading the bike into the car that knocked things out of alignment. New cables sometimes stretch, etc. New bikes usually come with some free tune-ups to address this kind of thing.

Can you post a photo of the crank/chain ring damage? I'm having a hard time envisioning what this is, or how it was caused by poorly adjusted shifting. Did the chain come off and scratch the crank or chainring?