Old 05-15-20, 12:40 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Jipe
I do not agree on about the folding of the Birdy vs. the folding of the PakiT.

The PakiT doesn't fully fold, to have it fully packed, you need to remove the front wheel. It is not very difficult but if you have been riding n wet roads its dirty.

The Birdy folds easily, not as easily as the Brompton, but its really easy to fold it.

The folded size of the Birdy isn't as small as the Brompton but not far (the last gen of Birdy folds slightly smaller than previously).

About the weight, the Birdy GT (10.3kg, not so bad) comes with heavy wheels, brakes and transmission, its possible to save weight on those components (as always, lightweight components have a cost !).

FYI, the pakiT quick folds just fine. It's narrower but longer than the Brompton. You only need to remove the front wheel if you are going to put it in a suitcase or the stupid backpack thing. I fold mine 4-6 times a day in less than 20 seconds each time; it is stable and stays folded to carry or roll (yes, I can roll it on the front wheel). Just depends on what you want - smallest folded size or lightest bike (sub 19 lbs for mine).