View Single Post
Old 05-20-20, 08:47 AM
Sunman54

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
New Bike Shortage

They are probably a number of posts about this issue, but wanted to take a different approach as I'm new to buying a hybrid for use in Florida. Aren't the bike manufacturers continuing to make new bikes? Going to the various bike manufacturing websites I note how they have none in stock or all sold out. How long does it take to manufacture and replenish their stock? My second thought. One of the reason for the shortage of bikes is because of CV19 and all the people purchasing bikes as it's one of the available forms of exercise. So how many thousands have purchased their bikes and have depleted all the inventory nationwide? But as the manufacturers build new bikes that pool of buyers will not be buying again? They won't buy a new bike every year? Like me, I had a 20 year old GT that needed so much in repairs it was cheaper to buy new. So I'm hoping that sales will be back once the new inventory is available and there won't be the massive pool of bike purchases as what's occurring right now. So when would there be decent deals again? Late summer, early fall?