View Single Post
Old 05-21-20, 06:10 PM
RoadKill

Bikes: Specialized AWOL, Specialized Roubaix, Niner Air9, Turner Sultan

Liked 42 Times in 25 Posts
Thanks for the comments.
My "offroad" is that I have an alternate commute path with some pretty aggressive rocky singletrack. It's full on MTB stuff but on a loaded up commuter with no suspension it's slow and I have no problem with slow.
My thought on the Diverge is that it seems mostly capable, maybe slightly less off-road than my AWOL. I currently have 700cx42 on the AWOL, the Diverge supports up to 700cx47. The biggest issue with Diverge is that I'm out the money of having to buy racks and if I want a dynamo lighting system I have to start from scratch building that. So probably $600 or more to get it outfitted how I want it.
The AWOL elite was basically a $1500 AWOL that Specialized loaded up with $1000 worth of accessories, the Diverge is a $2500 bike without any accessories. I'm not sure if they will let me keep the racks or even the lights since that is what made it the elite model. If I can keep that stuff then really the dynamo hub front wheel is all I will be out, which I guess is my best case scenario.