View Single Post
Old 05-21-20, 08:51 PM
BNB

Bikes: road, mtb, tandem, gravel, tt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Interesting history. So much time to think riding solo and I did wonder where the term "redneck" came from.

So, hopefully the flag idea is well accepted by the right and OK with the left too. No harm or silliness with that.

Not that it matters, but I sorta want to defend my beloved state of New Hampshire and say that every one of these incidents happened in California. Southern California. In fairness, CA has way, way more traffic and way, way more cyclists. Wish I could get to NH right now ... I would feel so much safer.

Originally Posted by veganbikes
People are generally arseholes and there is no redemption. We have been seeing tons of nasty people these days at the shop, nobody seems to understand their is a global crisis going on and a little respect and decency is what we need right now. They are pissed off at anyone and will take it out on someone as soon as they are out. It is rather a sad affair.

Ride safe and know this isn't a time for silly slogans and name calling. Even if trashy generally light skinned middle class southern people have taken the term. Rednecks originally referred to poor farmers and then was a sign of solidarity so miners could identify themselves (by the red bandanna around their necks) from the hired goons that were trying to murder them for standing up for their rights and their well being.