Old 06-04-20, 02:50 AM
FlemmingM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageTTfan
Good folks, I bring you an iconic bike:
This is the wonderful Wilier Triestina Ramata Pista. Bianchi has its infamous celeste color and Wilier Triestina has their rust color. But this is no ordinary rust color as you know. This color radiates beauty into the classic Italian bicycle Universe! It glows, it shines, it emanates gloss, it transcends in its magnificent effulgence (that should count for an 11 on the pretentious meter). I have had a fondness in my heart for this bike since I first saw it. I do not know the history of their use of this color or their secret....but I would love to know. Perhaps they use diamond dust. And the builder on this one did some things right......finally. White is the right color for this......has to be.....white saddle....white bar tape.....seems mandatory. It setts off the rust. He or she used nice gumwalls, and nice panto stem I would be interested if anybody can spot any mistakes or anything they would improve to make it more authentic? Perhaps our resident expert can give us an accurate assessment.....I would be curious for sure.

I am fantasizing about riding this on the track right now. I would have a clear advantage as the other riders would be gawking instead of focusing. In summation, Just Beautiful.
I’m not a painter, but I believe you get the wonderful glow in the color, as seen on the Willier, by painting with a semi translucent paint over a chromed frame.

If the base isn’t chrome, I was once told that, if you add a bit of the base color in the first layer of clear coat, the color will get a lot more depth.
Likes For FlemmingM: