Old 06-08-20, 01:33 PM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 448 Posts
Originally Posted by Badbird2000
Saturday, set off for a 30 mile ride. 2 miles into I knew that was not going to happen. Apparently biscuits and sausage gravy are not good fuel for me. Instead of turning around, I suffered on, felt a little better was I got into the ride. Resisted the urge to take the short cut on the way home, got in 23 miles. 3 miles from the house, one of my favorite parts of the ride, coming down a nice quiet back road, a downhill with a sharp left. There is a nice quant creek that, when It rains flows over the road. Not much rain, but its still slick as it never sees sunlight. Well, I was coming in hot, so started to slow. There was about half a bale of hay someone dropped in the road, so I breaked harder. Started sliding wound up standing in the creek, front wheel almost up to the hub. Didn't drop the bike, no scrapes, just a wet shoe.
Sunday, was determined to have a better day. Rolled out of my garage and was struggling to get my left shoe clipped. Time pedals, have ridden these forever... I was going slow, focused on getting the pedal turned correctly, not paying attention. Ran into the curb in front of my neighbors house, couldn't unclip the right shoe and fell over, still clipped in, into his front yard. I need to ask him if his Ring camera caught me... I hope so. Got up, laughed it off, had a good ride of 22 miles, 1800 feet elevation gain, 14.5 mph average. Somedays you rare the dog, somedays you are the fire hydrant...
Good job! Wanting to turn around happens to me more often that it should, but I tell myself ''shut up and pedal'' until it passes. I learned to not listen to my body and mind unless something is clearly going wrong. It usually takes 10-15kms until I reach a good state of mind.